Australia Reads Digital Programs Producer
Australia Reads is on a mission to get more people reading more books, more often. Working through partnership, Australia Reads encourages participation in reading and fosters a love of books, reading and storytelling.
Australia Reads has identified new opportunities to support reading engagement nationally, and has secured funding to support books clubs, live literature events with authors and the promotion of reading engagement research.
As part of the Australian Publishers Association (APA) team, and working with the stakeholder organisations, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of these new Australia Reads programs, online platforms and related communications to support engagement with Australian books, reading and authors.
Australia Reads is a joint book industry collaboration between the APA, Australian Library & Information Services Association (ALIA), Australian Society of Authors (ASA) and Australian Booksellers Association (ABA).
The APA supports Australian publishers in their business, advocating for the value of publishing to the Australian community, and champions reading and learning in Australian society.
Responsibilities and duties
The Digital Programs Producer is responsible for the development and implementation of new Australia Reads programs that support engagement with Australian books, book clubs and author events.
Reporting to and working closely with the APA’s Head of Communications & Australia Reads, the successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop new digital services and programs that provide support for books and reading across Australia.
- Create and commission content for the digital programs and platforms.
- Research target audience groups to test and confirm their priorities for books and reading engagement programs.
- Research the market to provide a competitor analysis.
- Refine the success criteria and KPIs, providing data to benchmark against.
- Develop the detailed requirements and briefs for the build of digital products and web services.
- Coordinate the work of external suppliers and technical contractors to support the digital development, and identify new suppliers with appropriate expertise.
- Lead the project management and report regularly on progress against milestones.
- Maintain and grow productive relationships with other industry organisations.
- Contribute to existing Australia Reads programs, including the Australian Reading Hour.
- Any other responsibilities as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Demonstrated success in leading the development and implementation of digital platforms, programs and/or services.
- Understanding and experience with researching customers and markets, and building business requirements and briefs using that knowledge.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communications and relationship management skills.
- A deep knowledge and love of the Australian books and reading landscape.
- Demonstrated understanding and effective deployment of a range of digital content creation and social media marketing techniques.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Good at promoting an idea or vision, able to read an audience and persuade others to take action.
- Systematic and organised, able to prioritise competing projects and perform under pressure.
- Ambitious but realistic in setting goals and objectives.
Reports to: Head of Communications & Australia Reads
Salary: $75-$80k, Fixed-term, full-time role until 31 Dec 2023
Key relationships: APA Staff and contractors; APA Members; Media; Australia Reads industry working group, other industry organisations and stakeholders including partners, sponsors and customers.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter that addresses the skills and key responsibilities to [email protected] by Thursday 18 August.